For the most part it was just a regular day around here. But what a day it was!! With a baby, a three year old and a dog, what could go wrong? Here is a summary of my morning:
- My husband didn’t wish me a Happy Valentine’s Day or give me a kiss before going to work.
- After 2 hours of trying to read my email I gave up. Between kids interrupting and a slow Internet connection it was impossible to get anything done!
- Georgia got into Dakota’s room. (This is never good.)
- While trying to get a very fussy baby fed and to sleep, Georgia got into one of Dakota’s board games – there were little pieces and paper money every where!
- While I was cleaning up the game, Georgia got into a whole container of hand cream. It covered the coffee table, end table, picnic table, couch, floor and bathroom mirror.
- The fussy baby refuses to sleep.
- Before going to the bathroom (and I really had to go!) I had to clean up all of the bath toys and a pile of toilet paper off of the floor and take a pair of Dakota’s pajama pants out of the toilet.
- After using the bathroom I realized my toilet wouldn’t flush.
- The dog took a cookie out of one of the kid’s hands so I put the dog in the porch away from the kids.
- The dog pooped on the porch floor. I put the dog outside so I could clean up the porch.
- The dog ran away.
- I have cleaned 3 poopy diapers, a pile of dog poop and a puddle of pee. It’s only 10am.
- It’s only 10 am.
- We are out of wood. We are out of oil. My living room is rearranged to make room for an electric heater. It is like walking through a maze to walk through the living room.
- No heat also means no hot water.
- My phone has been ringing all morning. I am ignoring it.
- I am out of Pepsi.
- I have no chocolate.
- I am looking forward to nap time.
It seemed like one thing right after the other all morning! What a crazy day!
In the end I finally got the baby to sleep – only to be woken up by Georgia who refused to nap. The dog came back and peed on the floor – again – and I ended up throwing out the floor mat. And my husband must have forgotten that it was Valentine’s Day because I didn’t even get a kiss or so much as a “Happy Valentine’s Day, Dear”.
But I did get some one-on-one time with Georgia, a lovely homemade card from Dakota (those are always my favorite) and the baby ended up sleeping all night.
I love my family, even on crazy days and I wouldn’t change a thing!
How about you? Have you ever had a crazy day like this? Have you ever had a cranky Valentine’s day?
This week I am linking up with Mama Kat’s Losin’ It. My writing prompt was ‘Tell us about a Valentine’s Day gone wrong.’